Job Listings & Talent Bank
Posting your organization's communications positions is easy - contact Carla Freiman Feuer at firstname.lastname@example.org Same goes for getting your skills out there with an entry on our talent bank. Check back often as opportunities are added regularly.
Categories: Blogging, Broadcast, Communications, Internship, Journalism, Marketing, Non-Profit, Public Relations
Associate Communications Consultant
Chemistry Multimedia is seeking a confident, creative, detail oriented, highly motivated and strategic candidate for a full or part-time Associate Communications Consultant. This position is responsible for producing services for clients such as research, writing press releases, developing campaigns, vendor management as well as pitching media.
The successful candidate must be an exceptional writer, skilled at managing multiple projects at the same time, and be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment. Ideally, this person will have 3-5 years industry/agency experience in coordinating events and media relations. Some travel is required.
* Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, public relations, or other related field
* Minimum of 3-5 years in a professional communications role
* Experience coordinating high-profile media events
* Ability to understand and manage program budgets
* Advanced proficiency of Cision, Salesforce and/or a Project Management Software
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Demonstrated knowledge of non-profit events and fundraising
* Ability to cultivate relationships, including individuals with high net worth
* Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to inspire confidence in colleagues, donors, grantors and celebrities
* Wordpress, Adobe Creative Suite (mostly Illustrator & Photoshop) and/or Final Cut X experience is preferred
* Detail oriented with respect to event planning
Chemistry Multimedia focuses on providing superior Public Relations, Marketing, Social Media, Crisis Communications, Event Management and Video Production to clients across the country. Clients have included celebrities to professional sports teams to corporate and non-profit organizations. Our clientele is heavily weighted in the non-profit arena in supporting VETERANS AFFAIRS and military programs for a highly recognizable actor. Plans are to expand rapidly.
To Apply: Email resume and cover letter with salary requirements to Chris Kuban at Chris@ChemistryMultimedia.com
Experienced health writer wanted to produce six health stories a month, based on interviews with St. Louis physicians. Must be accurate, detail-oriented and somewhat familiar with the medical profession and terminology. Articles will be 800-1,000 words each; payment is about $1,000 per month.
Please send resume and two clips to: Tony DiMartino, email@example.com
METRO THEATER COMPANY
JOB POSITION DESCRIPTION: MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS DIRECTOR
STATUS: Full-Time Annual REPORTS TO: Managing Director
BROAD FUNCTION: A key member of the leadership team, the Marketing and Communications Director (MCD) will create, implement and assess marketing, sales and communications strategies to achieve organization’s earned revenue goals and heighten visibility in the community. The MCD will lead all marketing, sales and communications efforts to build advocacy, expand performance and education program bookings and increase single and group ticket sales to support the mission of Metro Theater Company.
• Manage all company communications and messaging through development and execution of digital and social media, print pieces, public speaking, and through internal software such as Patron Manager.
• Create and implement annual and multi-year marketing, sales and communications plans in support of Metro’s programs, with involvement from Managing Director.
• Identify, test and adapt annual strategies for community engagement through digital and social media to support constituent exposure, participation and investment.
• With input from the Artistic and Managing Directors, set and meet earned income goals for performance bookings, group and single ticket sales, and program enrollments/tuition-based programs.
• Participate in budget preparation for marketing/sales-related income and expense lines, and provide budget oversight of those line items throughout the fiscal year.
• Promote and book touring performances and education programs in local, regional and select national markets through personal correspondence, local presentations and other public speaking opportunities, meetings with local presenters and school districts. Negotiate fees; produce, execute and manage corresponding contracts.
• Conduct systematic documentation of all booking/sales communication with presenters, agencies, districts, schools and other key constituents. Manage orderly record of cultivation, prospect status and conclusion. Follow-up to assess success of programming and refine processes.
• Engage in local meetings and conferences in support of booking/sales goals. Participate in professional opportunities as appropriate to cultivate sales opportunities.
• Serve as a liaison to key marketing, community and publicity contacts, as well as manage internal communications about key messaging among the staff and with select program and community partners.
• Manage patron experience for public productions, including supervision of box office operations, student matinees, use of volunteers, front-of-house operations, and surround activities.
• Working with Artistic Director, Education Director and/or Production Manager, as appropriate, coordinate and communicate scheduling and logistics for touring performances and residencies/workshops. Manage performance calendar for internal communications.
• In collaboration with Production Manager and Artistic Director, ensure that all MTC productions are documented through photography and videography for both archival and marketing purposes.
• In collaboration with the Development Director, identify and execute digital tools and other communications strategies to support the progression of audience members and participants into donors.
• Develop and reinforce branding and presentation of key organizational messages, in collaboration with Artistic and Managing Directors; provide the staff and board of directors with key messaging and tools to support advocacy in the community.
• Manage internal systems to gather photos, videos, testimonials and other useful content for use in external messaging.
• Oversee the timely production and distribution of printed materials, and ensure smooth workflow by communicating effectively with outsourced designers, printers and mailing services. Write and edit content for printed materials as needed.
• Manage Metro Theater Company website. Write, develop and/or solicit content for website, blogs and/or other digital media platforms. Manage website development with outsourced designers, coders, photographers, and videographers, when necessary.
• Manage publicity for all programming and company messaging. Write and distribute press releases. Cultivate media relations. Oversee outsourced PR consultant(s) when required.
♦ Respect, understanding, appreciation, and enthusiasm for the work of Metro Theater Company.
♦ Excellent writing skills with solid experience writing in different styles for different media (e.g. journalistic email, social media, web copy, print and digital newsletters).
♦ Ability to act as project manager of multiple projects simultaneously, clearly communicating needs and deadlines to staff and external collaborators.
♦ Excellent organizational skills.
♦ Ability to set and appropriately shift priorities, as needed.
♦ Ability to give and receive constructive feedback.
♦ Confidence conducting sales through direct mail, phone, email, and face-to-face meetings; Drive for sales and a thick skin.
♦ Basic understanding of school culture (i.e. processes, issues, trends and priorities).
♦ Ability to strategize at a macro level and execute at a micro level; ability to delegate and supervise others as needed.
♦ Ability to work as member of a team, independently, and as a project manager.
♦ Experience with sales and/or donor database systems like Patron Manger.
♦ Experience with project management software.
♦ Fluency with digital communication tools, such as Constant Contact or Mail Chimp, and social media tools, such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Tumblr, YouTube and/or Vimeo.
♦ Proficiency with MS Office software, especially Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
♦ Preferred 7+ years of experience in marketing, business or sales. Leadership and marketing experience in a performing arts organization preferred. Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree a plus.
Please e-mail resume with cover letter, references, and salary history to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subject line: Marketing and Communications Director
Metro Theater Company is nationally recognized as one of America’s finest and most innovative professional theaters for young people and families. Founded in 1973, the Company has produced more than 32 original works for audiences totaling more than two million people. Metro Theater Company has toured to 40 states, and has appeared in international festivals in Canada, Italy, Japan and Taiwan. Tens of thousands of young people benefit each year from touring performances and education programs conducted by the Company’s professional artists. EOE. More info at www.metroplays.org